Saturday 12 September 2015

Brainstorm for my Genre


Dear Readers,

For the inspiration to my 2 minute movie opening  I went onto 'youtube' and looked at previous ones done before me. I took some notes on the most effective ones and how they accomplished this effectiveness. For example here is one I looked at:


The notes I took from this one is the build up of suspense made by sounds (doors/floor boards) and music made me personally shiver, so i thought sounds and music is so important!

Then, after watching a couple of different genres, I decided to ask a focus group on their opinion of the most effect genre to portray in just 2 minutes and unanimously they agreed a thriller/horror got them most interested in wanting to watch on... therefore I decided to go with a thriller.

However now I had my genre I needed inspiration from real published movies! So after watching some extremely disturbing 2 minutes of each movie I focused in on two movie trailers, 'Scream' and 'Unfriended' to which I found they gave me an idea for my own movie:


I choses these 2 in particular because they both involved school kids from our age, so I know people can relate them to that situation which is what I want for my own thriller. I want people to be scared that they could be in the situation I create for my movie.

So until next time chums...bye!

#TheMediaofaNewGeneration

No comments:

Post a Comment