Saturday 19 March 2016

My Evaluation 4 - Who would be the audience for your media product?


Dear readers,

I researched my audience demographic and psychographic in two ways - firstly, I compiled a series of questions on surveymonkey.com to ask the general public, in order to find out my audiences interests on a wider scale, so I could put together a movie that was tailored to and market I was looking at. Then secondly, I compiled a questionnaire on word to ask a focus group after they actually watched the movie.


SurveyMonkey - Establishing the audience I have


Evall 4 - Survey Questions

Questionnaire - Results after watching the movie

Here are the results of the questions I asked in a pie chart format. To help me work out who would be my audience for the media product i'm looking mainly at the second chart of who the focus group thought the movie should be aimed at. The results show that the 'teenager' category is the biggest which corresponds with target audience i originally set out to target. The first question is also important because the focus group was based around the ages of year 10 students to sixth form students, so therefore being in the teenager/young adults category means i have to see how happy they were to watch it. The results show that 38/41 (92%) of people enjoyed the movie which is above excellent therefore my audience from this survey is correct in terms of the audience for my media product.


Furthermore looking at my treatment from before the psychographic profile I had before matches the age range at which my movie was shown to. So the results are perfect for my predictions.





No comments:

Post a Comment