Wednesday 16 March 2016

My Evaluation 7 - Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?


Dear Reader,


Back in September we did a project to start working with different camera techniques. We used the 180 degree rule, Match on Action, and Shot/ Reverse Shot. However, reflecting back on this for my final movie, it’s easy to see how I have used these simple techniques.

The first technique used was Match on Action.


The top two pictures are from my first continuity editing techniques video where as the bottom two are from my final movie. This sub-conscious use of match on action goes to show how this little project has influenced my work.  I was much more aware on how to film to make my Match on Action correct, so could allow more of a crossover between shots for my editing to improve.


The second technique used was shot/ Reverse Shot.
The shot reverse shot in my preliminary task was very basic; it didn’t flow as nice because the conversation was shot speak shot speak instead of overlapping dialogue or dialogue that carries on whilst the shot is on the other person. This shows how I’ve progressed because my final use of S/RS is much more complex than my first.



The third technique used was 180 degree rule.
With my last example I maintained the 180 degree rule whilst in conversation which is the same as my preliminary task as I learn not to cross sides therefore maintaining the fact they are facing each other.

Until next time... bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment