Wednesday 2 December 2015

My Real Thing - About BBFC Ratings


Dear Readers,

All classification decisions are based on the BBFC’s published and regularly updated Guidelines. The Guidelines are the product of extensive public consultation, research and the accumulated experience of the BBFC over many years. They reflect current views on film, DVD and video game regulation.


Here are the BBFC age ratings split up into each rating: (Click on them for more information)

Suitable for all
Parental guidance
Cinema release suitable for 12 years and over
Video release suitable for 12 years and over
Suitable only for 15 years and over
Suitable only for adults
Adults works for licensed premises only

For my own movie:

A focus group I've used prevouisly who unanimously told me a Thriller would be the most effective genre, when I showed them mutliple different genre's of other students, also helped me establish that my audience range would be around 16plus. So the age rating on my coursework would be recommended at 15 due to the scary/ jumpy scenes that I may produce. The reason I wouldn't show to any younger viewers is the imposed nightmares and mentally scared scenes might be to much to handle and it would be unethical/unprofessional for me to allow children to watch it.

Until next time... bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment